(Last updated: October 15, 2019)
Collection of personal information
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you. We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Also, when you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. See more information on cookies below.
Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with the website.
We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. They can improve your experience of using a website, for example, by remembering your preference settings and tracking your use of a website so that it can be improved to meet your needs. Unless the cookie is a strictly necessary cookie, you can withdraw your consent to our cookies at any time even if you have previously consented. Although, please do remember that if you do not consent to our functionality cookies, parts of our website will not work. For this reason, we may occasionally send you prompts which allow you to consent to a cookie you have previously rejected. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect to:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the website (including processing payment, arranging for shipping, and providing invoices and order confirmations);
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
For greater certainty, we use your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you order through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain your consent to do so. We will not sell your personal information to other parties.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
We share your personal information with some third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above:
We use Shopify to power our online store. Please note that Shopify’s risk and fraud screening may use your personal information for automated decision making. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ Please note that you can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We do not track
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the right to view and receive the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Garavogue Inc. (Broghies)
Main St S., Ontario, Waterdown, Canada
Additionally, if you are a European resident, note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our website, for as long as it is required to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to.
How do we protect your personal information?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and stored AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all industry guidelines and perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information is secure.
In the event of a data breach, we will notify affected individuals in accordance with applicable legislation and requirements. We will also report breaches to the relevant supervisory bodies and notify any other organizations that may be able to reduce the risk of harm that could result from the breach or mitigate the harm.
Notification of changes
If you have any questions, want to exercise any of your rights or would like to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or at:
Garavogue Inc. (Broghies)
Main St S., Ontario, Waterdown, Canada
If our Privacy Officer is unable to resolve the concern, you may also contact:
|Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street, 1st floor
Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3
Telephone: (819) 994-5444
Toll-free: 1 (800) 282-1376
|Irish Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square
Telephone +353 76 110 4800