Heat the olive oil in a non-stick wok or deep pan. Put in the minced garlic and fry until fragrant & lightly browned.
2. Add in the drained tuna flakes/chunks, pressing them to break up the larger pieces and
to mix well with the garlic. Keep stirring over medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes until the
mixture is dry, with all of the moisture gone from the tuna. When you see parts of the
fish lightly browned, you know the moisture is gone.
3. Add in the lime and lemon juice sparingly, sprinkling it evenly over the mixture and stir well
to mix. Now add the salt and pepper, also sparingly; mix in well. Test-taste for that mildly
tangy flavor from the lime/lemon juice, plus a slightly salty taste.
4. Add in the chopped carrots and mix well, allowing to simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes.
5. Add the chopped onions, stirring it in for 1-2 minutes, followed by the chopped celery. Stir
well to mix for another 3 – 5 minutes. Taste the mixture again for your preference; at this
point you may sprinkle in a bit more salt/pepper or lime/lemon juice but not too much.
Note that the Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to be added later will have some salt in it.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
7. When cool, mix in the Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise well, ensuring the mixture is evenly
coated. Store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 10 days.
To serve, mix in 1-2 tablespoons of sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Best eaten with broghies, toast or crackers.