When you’re trying to stay healthy, staying prepared is important and being able to whip something up quickly keeps you from reaching into the chip bag or chocolate stash. We’ve labeled this a Broghie breakfast recipe, but breakfast for dinner is always a treat and perfect if you’re running out to go to the gym.
Join us on our Broghies Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter for more recipes and please share yours. The Broghies community loves new ideas and flavours.
Broghies Breakfast Recipe: Quick & Healthy, Greek Style
- 1 Broghie Original or Tostada
- 2 extra large eggs Or three egg whites
- 1 tbsp butter optional
- 1/4 medium onion optional
- 1/4 cup cream optional
- 1 pinch oregano optional
- 3 large olives (sliced) optional
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- 1 pinch salt & pepper to taste
- On the stove: Melt butter in saucepan, add in onions and sautee until translucent. Whisk the eggs, oregano and cream (or just eggs if you're not using cream). Add to pan and stir occasionally. After 2 minutes of cook time, add in the olives, the feta cheese and whatever other ingredients you choose, Cook for another 2 minutes. Take the cooked egg mixture and slide on to your Broghie. Eat and enjoy.
- In the Microwave: Use a microwave safe bowl or Pyrex jug and add all of the ingredients. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir, microwave another 1.5 minutes and spoon on to your Broghie.